Faculty/Student International Travel Registration
Please register here if you are traveling independently. Before starting your travel registration, please gather the following information:
- Enroll in the U.S. State Department’s “Smart Traveler Enrollment Program” (STEP) and download a copy of the profile page that list the country and dates of your travel.
- Check the U.S. State Department website AND CSU Risk Management Authority (CSURMA) website for city/state/country(ies) and all side trips you will be visiting.
- If any of the city/state/countries you will be visiting meets any of the criteria below, prepare a detailed security and safety precaution plan based on the Travel Advisory and/or Travel Alert for the respective city/state/country:
- Travel Advisory level 3 or above (from the U.S. State Department)
- “High Risk” or “War Risk”(from CSURMA)
- For basic (non-high risk, non-war risk) travel, allow for at least 3 weeks to process insurance requests.
- For “high risk” destinations, plan for extra time-allow at least 8 weeks to process insurance requests as these require both the President’s office and Chancellor’s Office approvals for the insurance company to provide coverage.
- Passport information
- Detailed Travel Itinerary (include all side trip & layover locations and dates).
- Emergency contact information
- If you are requesting your campus department to reimburse your travel (either full or partial), please visit the CSUN travel website.
- For group travel, please contact Kenny Pineda (email@example.com or ext. 2331) to grant you group travel access to the travel registry application.
For insurance coverage questions please contact the Risk Management and Insurance department at (818) 677-2331 or (818) 677-6830.