Skip to content

Student International Travel Registration

STUDENT traveling independently or Study Abroad
STUDENT in a Faculty-Led Program/No Program


Before starting your Travel Registration, please gather the following information:

  1. Enroll in the U.S. State Department's "Smart Traveler Enrollment Program" (STEP) and download a copy of the profile page that lists the country and dates of your travel.

  2. Check the U.S. State Department website AND CSURMA's High Hazardous-War List for city/state/country(ies) and all side trips you will be visiting.   

  3. If any of the city/state/country you will be visiting meets any of the criteria below, prepare a detailed security and safety precaution plan based on the Travel Advisory and/or Travel Alert for the respective city/state/country:

    1. Travel Advisory Level of 2 or above (from the U.S. State Department)

    2. "High Risk" or "War Risk" (from CSURMA)

  4. For basic (non-high risk, non-war risk) travel, allow for at least 3 weeks to process insurance request.

  5. For "high risk" destinations, plan for extra time – allow at least 8 weeks to process insurance requests as these require both the President's Office and Chancellor's Office approvals for the insurance company to bind coverage.

  6. Passport information

  7. Detailed Travel Itinerary (include all side trip & layover locations and dates) - Please save form to your desktop and use the desktop form to complete your travel information.  Information will be lost if completed from the website.

  8. Emergency contact information (at least 2 contacts)

  9. If you are requesting your campus department to reimburse your travel (either full or partial), complete the Travel Approval Request Form and obtain all the necessary approval signatures before proceeding with your application on this site.  Upload a copy of this completed Travel Approval Request Form to your Travel Registration.

For further questions, please contact the Insurance and Risk Management Department at or call (818) 677-6830 | (818) 677-2079.

Register your travel and apply for foreign travel insurance below.

NEW Travel Registration
NEW Travel Registration

Existing Travel Registration using CSUN credentials
Existing Travel Registration (CSUN login)

Existing Travel Registration using non-CSUN credentials
Existing Travel Registration (non-CSUN login)