Student International Travel Registration
Please register here if you are traveling independently. Before starting your travel registration, please gather the following information:
- Enroll in the U.S. State Department's "Smart Traveler Enrollment Program" (STEP) and download a copy of the profile page that lists the country and dates of your travel.
- Check the U.S. State Department website AND CSU Risk and Management Authority (CSURMA) website for city/state/country(ies) and all side trips you will be visiting.
- If any of the city/state/country you will be visiting meets any of the criteria below, prepare a detailed security and safety precaution plan based on the Travel Advisory and/or Travel Alert for the respective city/state/country:
- Travel Advisory Level of 3 or above (from the U.S. State Department)
- "High Risk" or "War Risk" (from CSURMA)
- For basic (non-high risk, non-war risk) travel, allow for at least 3 weeks to process insurance request.
- For "high risk" destinations, plan for extra time – allow at least 8 weeks to process insurance requests as these require both the President's Office and Chancellor's Office approvals for the insurance company to bind coverage.
- Passport information
- Detailed travel itinerary
- Side trip information
- Emergency contact information (at least 2 contacts)
- If you are requesting your campus department to reimburse your travel (either full or partial), complete the Travel Approval Request Form and obtain the following approval signatures before proceeding with your application on this site:
- Department Chair
- Financial Approver
For insurance coverage questions, please contact the Risk Management and Insurance Department at (818) 677-6830 or (818) 677-2079.