Travel without Students
Before starting your travel registration, please gather the following information:
- Enroll in the U.S. State Department's "Smart Traveler Enrollment Program" (STEP) and download a copy of the profile page that lists the country and dates of your travel. If you are not a U.S. citizen, click "No" in the questionnaire to bypass this requirement.
- Check the U.S. State Department website AND CSU Risk and Management Authority (CSURMA) website for city/state/country(ies) and all side trips you will be visiting.
- If any of the city/state/country you will be visiting meets any of the criteria below, prepare a detailed security and safety precaution plan based on the Travel Advisory and/or Travel Alert for the respective city/state/country:
- Travel Advisory Level of 3 or above (from the U.S. State Department)
- "High Risk" or "War Risk" (from CSURMA)
- For basic (non-high risk, non-war risk) travel, allow for at least 3 weeks to process insurance request.
- For "high risk" destinations, plan for extra time – allow at least 8 weeks to process insurance requests as these require both the President's Office and Chancellor's Office approvals for the insurance company to bind coverage.
- Passport information
- Detailed travel itinerary
- Side trip information
- Emergency contact information (at least 2 contacts)
For insurance coverage questions, please contact the Risk Management and Insurance Department at (818) 677-6830 or (818) 677-2079.