Skip to content

Travel without Students

FACULTY/STAFF traveling without Students
NON-LEAD FACULTY/STAFF in a Faculty-Led Program


Register here and apply for foreign travel insurance if you are an independent Faculty/Staff traveling without students or if you are a Non-Lead Faculty/Staff traveling in a Faculty-Led Program.  If you are a Non-Lead Faculty/Staff traveling in a Faculty-Led Program, please do not submit your Travel Registration until the Program Proposal has been approved by the Provost's Office.


Before starting your Travel Registration, please gather the following information:

  1. Enroll in the U.S. State Department's "Smart Traveler Enrollment Program" (STEP) and download a copy of the PROFILE page that lists your name and the country and dates of your travel. If you are not a U.S. citizen, click "No" in the questionnaire of the Travel Registration to bypass this requirement.

  2. Check the U.S. State Department website AND CSURMA High Hazardous-War List for all your destination city/state/country and all side trips you will be taking.   

  3. If any of the city/state/country you will be visiting meets any of the criteria below, prepare a detailed security and safety precaution plan based on the Travel Advisory and/or Travel Alert from the websites above for the respective city/state/country:

    1. Travel Advisory Level of 2 or above (from the U.S. State Department)

    2. "High Risk" or "War Risk" (from CSURMA)

  4. For basic (non-High/War Risk) travel, allow for at least 3 weeks to process insurance request.

  5. For "High Risk" destinations, plan for extra time – allow at least 8 weeks to process insurance requests as these require both the President's Office and Chancellor's Office approvals for the insurance company to bind coverage. 

  6. Passport information

  7. Detailed Travel Itinerary (include all side trip & layover locations and dates) - Please save form to your desktop and use the desktop form to complete your travel information.  Information will be lost if completed directly from the website.

  8. Emergency contact information (at least 2 contacts)

  9. VOLUNTEER Participants - If you have a Volunteer that will be participating in your travel, please register your Volunteer with one of the departments below and provide myCSUNglobe with a copy of the email that confirms completion of registration.
  1. CSUN Human Resources ( - CSUN (non-Grant) Travel
  2. TUC ( - Grant-related Travel

For further questions, please contact the Insurance and Risk Management Department at or call (818) 677-6830 | (818) 677-2079.


Register your travel and apply for foreign travel insurance below.

NEW Travel Registration WITHOUT Students
NEW Travel Registration
(No Students)

Existing Travel Registration using CSUN credentials
Existing Travel Registration (CSUN login)

Existing Travel Registration using non-CSUN credentials
Existing Travel Registration (non-CSUN login)