Travel with Students (Non-Credit)
If you will be traveling with students and they will not be receiving course credits for this trip, please gather the information below before starting your travel registration. Advise your students and other participants to do the same.
- Enroll in the U.S. State Department's "Smart Traveler Enrollment Program" (STEP) and download a copy of the profile page that lists the country and dates of your travel. If you are not a U.S. citizen, click "No" in the questionnaire to bypass this requirement.
- Check the U.S. State Department website AND CSU Risk and Management Authority (CSURMA) website for city/state/country(ies) and all side trips you will be visiting.
- If any of the city/state/country you will be visiting meets any of the criteria below, prepare a detailed security and safety precaution plan based on the Travel Advisory and/or Travel Alert for the respective city/state/country:
- Travel Advisory Level of 3 or above (from the U.S. State Department)
- "High Risk" or "War Risk" (from CSURMA)
- For basic (non-high risk, non-war risk) travel, allow for at least 3 weeks to process insurance request.
- For "high risk" destinations, plan for extra time – allow at least 8 weeks to process insurance requests as these require both the President's Office and Chancellor's Office approvals for the insurance company to bind coverage.
- Passport information
- Detailed travel itinerary
- Side trip information
- Participant List (click here to download template)
- Emergency contact information (at least 2 contacts)
For insurance coverage questions, please contact the Risk Management and Insurance Department at (818) 677-6830 or (818) 677-2079.